Highland Capital Management Recently Welcomed New CSO

0
235
Highland Capital Management has provided investment advisory services to our clients across the country since 1987.

Highland Capital Management recently announced the addition of a new chief strategy officer (CSO), Andrew Parmentier. In addition to his role as the firm’s CSO, Andrew is the head of thematic investing and a member of the executive committee. He started his employment with Highland Capital Management earlier in 2017.

Background on Andrew Parmentier

Andrew earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Oregon in 1997. He continued his studies at Johns Hopkins University and earned a master’s degree in economics with a mathematical application. In his graduate studies, his main interest was learning more about game theory. Andrew graduated from Johns Hopkins University in 2001. He joined FBR Capital Markets, where he was the strategy team manager. His group specialized in helping companies that were involved in industries with heavy regulations. He ultimately became a partner and managing director before leaving in 2009.

In 2009, Andrew co-founded Height Securities and served as a managing partner. The company is a private broker-dealer offering advisory, investment banking, and research services to corporations, financial sponsors, and investors. While at Height Securities, Andrew co-founded Harvest Exchange in 2012 and continues to serve as a board member today. Harvest Exchange is a community of asset management firms, investors and others in the finance industry to share knowledge and ideas. The community includes over 200,000 investors with backgrounds in advisory, asset management, research and other specialties.

With this background, Andrew is uniquely prepared for his new role as Highland Capital’s CSO and thematic investing leader. Highland Capital Management cited Andrew’s diverse experience gained from building his own firm and his strategic and tactical expertise in helping clients navigate complex investment opportunities as valuable additions to the firm.

Background on Highland Capital Management

Highland Capital Management is based in Dallas, Texas. It is known for being one of the pioneers of the collateralized loan market. The business launched out of a joint venture that Mark Okada and James Dondero formed with Protective Life Insurance Corporation in 1990. In 1993, they formed an investment advisor called Protective Asset Management Company or PAMCO. James and Mark owned 40 percent of the company while Protective Life Insurance Corporation owned the other 60 percent. In 1996, it launched what was one of the first non-bank CLOs. In 1997, Mark and James bought the remaining PAMCO stake from Protective Life Insurance Corporation. They changed the name of the company to Ranger Asset Management, L.P. In 1998, the partners renamed the business Highland Capital Management, L.P, which it is known as today.

 

The company successfully completed its first commingled bank loan fund in 2000 with funding from Canadian and American public pension plans. It also started an alternative investment platform in that same year. The platform featured a total return strategy that targeted distressed assets. A few years later, Highland Capital Management expanded its reach to include mutual funds when it acquired a number of floating rate funds from Columbia Asset Management.


Also Read: There Could Still Be Some Speculation Options In The S&P 500


 

Highland Capital Management expanded its reach globally. In 2008, it opened an office in Singapore. In 2011, Highland further expanded in Asia, opening an office in South Korea. It also made its first entrance into South America that same year with an office in Brazil. Highland has since expanded further in South America, with a recently opened office in Argentina.

Highland Capital Management is an experienced alternative investment management firm. The firm manages mutual funds, hedge funds, distressed investments, structured products, and other investment vehicles. The company is one of the world’s largest alternative credit managers. Highland Capital Management’s clients include endowments, corporations, financial institutions, foundations, pension plans, high net worth individuals, family offices and government organizations. In addition to its headquarters in Dallas, Texas, the company has another U.S. office in New York.

 

Highland Capital Management also takes its philanthropic activities seriously. The company invests in the communities where its employees live and work, focusing much of its charitable contributions in Dallas, where the company is headquartered. The firm donates more than $3 million annually to worthwhile causes.

Follow Highland Capital on Twitter for the most up to date information.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here